raw vegan shopping list
This is tailored to my own tastes… that’s why there’s no dates and very little citrus (I love it, but can’t really handle too much at once.) Just in case the more raw inclined were curious.
- Bananas- I might get 150 for two weeks. I get them from Trader Joe’s, super cheap there! Only 19 cents each!
- Mangoes- I like to eat 3 a day by themselves for lunch or in my salad for dinner.
- Tomatoes- Just a few for salads
- Greens- such a must. Great source of protein, fiber, water, minerals. And yummy! I usually get romaine and baby spinach and just eat a ton of it. I do not put ANY kind of dressing on my salads. I have pretty much lost my taste for it.
- Pears- Love these babies. They pack a caloric punch when you’re in need of something filling.
- Kiwi-Also more energy packed in these little guys than you would think. Also— delicious.
- Carrots- For munching on during class and meetings
- Celery- same as the carrots
- Berries- these are a treat. I don’t always get them, but if I see them on sale I will. Not high in calories, but high in delicious. Also, chock-full of vites, minerals, antioxidants, etc.
- Nuts- I don’t need to buy these often because I only eat about a handful a day. 1 pound of cashews lasts me almost a month. I also like almonds, and when I’m feeling royal, macadamias. You can also use avocado instead as your fat source, I buy a couple of those a month.
These are a few of my favorite things. But honestly, this is all I’ll buy usually. Pretty small shopping list, right?